CA Security Jumpstart Home Page
The California Security Jumpstart mission is to ease the process for State entities to ensure that State information assets are appropriately secured. This includes ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the state systems and applications through:
- Asset classification, categorization, and risk assessment of data
- Building and integrating security early and throughout the business requirements development phase
- Comprehensive security education and awareness
Why CA Security Jumpstart?
- Cyber security attacks are becoming more sophisticated, organized, and costly
- Advances in technology are growing too fast for the state to keep up
- State departments face challenges in recruiting skilled cyber security employees, making it difficult to articulate security controls
- State departments have a fiduciary duty to protect Californians’ sensitive information and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of state systems
How Do You Benefit?
- Make it easier for you to properly classify and categorize your entity’s information assets
- Enable you to easily build solid business and technical security requirements for IT projects
- Foster collaboration among state entities to help develop and share best practices, and improve overall information security