California State Government Resources
The following events and meetings provide state employees educational opportunities in developing and expanding effective information security and risk management programs for their agencies. Unless otherwise noted, there is no cost to the participant and appropriate staff members are encouraged to attend.
- Office of Professional Development offers great opportunities to attend free security seminars, forums and meetings. Watch their Events Calendar for more upcoming security training opportunities.
- Registration for Events and Standing Meetings are handled through the Events Calendar.
- Government Technology Recovery Quarterly Meetings - These meetings are held once every three months and are sponsored by the California Information Security Office. We discuss TR topics and trends, upcoming policy changes, and other activities. These meetings are primarily for designated TR Coordinators and backups.
Meeting agenda is provided to TR Coordinators prior to each meeting. If you are a designated TR Coordinator or backup for your agency and are not receiving these, please contact us at (916) 445-5239 or by email at Security@state.ca.gov.
- Previous TR Coordinator Meeting Materials
- Government ISO Bi-Monthly Meetings - These meetings are held every other month and are sponsored by the California Information Security Office. We discuss security topics and trends, upcoming policy changes, and other activities. These meetings are for designated agency ISOs and backups only.
Meeting specifics are distributed to ISOs prior to each meeting. If you are a designated ISO or ISO backup for your agency and are not receiving these, please contact us at (916) 445-5239 or by email at Security@state.ca.gov.
- Previous ISO Meeting Materials
- Inter-Agency Security Group – Comprised of state employees whose job duties deal directly or indirectly with information security (e.g., Information Security Officers and information security staff, technical security and network administrators, legal staff, IT auditors, etc.). The bi-monthly meetings, established in 1996, are a forum to share what other agencies are doing in policy development; information on new or proposed legislation impacting the State’s information assets and how agencies are preparing for it; discussing security and software tools used; and lessons learned, etc. It is also a valuable forum to get to know other state employees within the information security community.
Dates: Second Thursday of every EVEN Month (February, April, June, August, October, and December)
Time: 9:30am – 11:30am
Location: CA Dept. of Veteran Affairs, 1227 O Street (12th & O St), Sacramento, CA 95814
Open for State employees only
For meeting confirmation or more details contact: Helen Woodman with the Department of Technology, California Information Security Office, at (916) 445-5239 or by e-mail at Helen.Woodman@state.ca.gov.
The California Information Security Office web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. The information provided at these sites does not reflect the views of this Office or indicate an endorsement of a particular company or product. Please be aware that our Office is not responsible for the security and privacy practices of such other sites.
Cyber Threat Level
- California Security Jumpstart
- California IT Directory
- Forms and Tools
- Policy (SAM /SIMM /MM /BL /TL /Compliance)
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS) Feeds
- Samples and Templates
- Status of Required Security Reporting Activities
- California Military Department
- California Government Operations Agency
- California Department of Technology
- California Highway Patrol
- California Governor's Office of Emergency Services
- State of California Office of Health Information Integrity
- Department of Justice´s Privacy Enforcement and Protection Unit