Geospatial Information Systems Division - People
Collaboration/Coordination - Collaboration is a must for California to successfully implement a GIS strategy.
- The California Mapping Coordinating Committee meets monthly in Sacramento to address State GIS technical concerns.
- The Federal Geographic Data Coordinating Committee of California meets quarterly in Sacramento to address state / federal coordination issues.
- Regional GIS Collaboratives - Regional Collaboratives serve as a conduit to connect locally maintained GIS data to Regional and State activities. They are an important part of California's efforts to foster collaboration throughout the state.
California Professional Organizations
- The California Geographic Information Association
- Bay Area Automates Mapping Association (BAAMA)
- Central California URISA
- Northern California URISA
- Southern California URISA
- The National States GIS Council
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association
- Federal Geographic Data Committee
- The National Geospatial Advisory Committee
- Association of American Geographers
- American Congress on Surveying and Mapping
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Cartography and Geographic Information Society
- Geospatial Information Technology Association
- Management Association for Private Photogrammetric Surveyors
- University Consortium for Geographic Information Science