Earn Money While Going to College
At the Department of Technology, we have a variety of positions ideal for college students. We value new and creative insights and skills, and encourage continued education.
CDT contracts with the Foundation for California Community Colleges (FCCC) to provide part-time employment to students attending a public or private institution of higher education, in work that is related to the students’ field of study and academic goals.
Students work under the close supervision of supervisors, and perform tasks ranging from data input and collection, to desktop support and customer service. While students do not earn college credit while working, they gain valuable experience and insight into how state government works, which can ultimately make them more competitive for careers in their field of study.
Minimum Qualifications to Apply
To maintain student employment eligibility, FCCC policy requires the following:
- Students must be currently enrolled in a qualifying institution of higher education. Qualifying institutions include, but are not limited to:
- CSUS; any campus of the CSU or UC systems; any community college campus; or any private university offering a 4-year degree or credential program.
- Also qualifying are institutions of higher education that have an Articulation Agreement (an agreement indicating that units from that institution are transferable) with any of the above institutions.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of six semester units or nine quarter units. Graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of four semester units or six quarter units.
- Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
How Can I Find or Apply for Positions?
Interested students may apply for “Student” positions without taking an examination. To get started, visit FCCC Student Career Pathway and create a LaunchPath account by clicking the “Student Jobs and Internships” link under the “About Us” tab.
Are These Positions Paid?
- Yes. The salary ranges from $10 - $18 per hour, depending on the type or complexity of work (graduate students generally qualify for the higher range).
- All positions are part-time and non-benefited.
For More Information
- Visit FCCC Student Career Pathway.